The ultimate music authority.
HomePod is built to bring out the best in Apple Music. Just ask Siri and you can play pretty much any song you can imagine.
HomePod is a breakthrough speaker that adapts to its location and delivers high-fidelity audio wherever it’s playing. Together with Apple Music and Siri, it creates an entirely new way for you to discover and interact with music at home. And it can help you and your whole family with everyday tasks — and control your smart home — all with just your voice.
This purposefully designed speaker creates rich, nuanced sound that defies its size. HomePod combines Apple’s custom-engineered audio technology and advanced software to deliver precision sound that fills the room. And at less than 18 centimetres tall, HomePod fits anywhere in your home.
Deep bass with
range you can feel.
The Apple-designed high-excursion woofer is positioned at the top of the speaker facing upward, creating a wide range of deep bass that surpasses any traditional speaker. A six-microphone array, along with an internal bass-EQ microphone, analyses and compensates for the effect of the room on the bass response, providing rich, consistent sound. And a powerful motor drives the diaphragm a remarkable 20 millimetres, so the bass shines through even when the volume is low.
Far and away
an incredible listener.
Six microphones positioned around HomePod allow it to pick up all the sound in a room. When you say “Hey Siri”, advanced signal processing, together with echo and noise cancellation, allows HomePod to hear you without the need to raise your voice — even if you’re across the room with loud music playing. After HomePod recognises the words “Hey Siri”, what you say is encrypted and sent anonymously to Apple servers without being tied to your Apple ID.
that’s all around you.
A custom-designed array of seven beamforming tweeters, each with its own amplifier, creates tremendous directional control. Placed around the base and using a folded-horn design, they send the flow of music towards the centre and then out the bottom in a 360-degree pattern, resulting in an all-encompassing sense of space. This virtually eliminates early table reflections and allows for consistent high-definition sound.
It’s always thinking
about the sound.
An Apple-designed A8 chip orchestrates all the remarkable audio innovations inside HomePod. Like advanced signal processing so Siri can hear you over the music. Real-time studio-level processing that maximises the bass while minimising distortion. Buffering that’s even faster than real time. And upmixing of both direct and ambient audio. You get amazing sound, every single time.
Designed to be
seen and heard.
HomePod is wrapped in a seamless mesh fabric designed for aesthetics and acoustic performance. Available in white and space grey, it’s gorgeous from every angle — yet virtually transparent to the sound waves passing through it.
Knows how to work a room. Automatically.
Setting up HomePod is quick and magical. Simply plug it in and your iOS or iPadOS device will detect it. Equipped with spatial awareness, HomePod automatically tunes itself to give you optimal sound — wherever it’s placed. Pair it with a second HomePod to create an unmatched stereo experience. And bring multiroom audio to your whole home with AirPlay 2.
Size, Weight and Colour
172 mm high (6.8 inches)
142 mm wide (5.6 inches)
2.5 kg (5.5 pounds)
- High-excursion woofer with custom-engineered amplifier
- Array of seven horn-loaded tweeters, each with its own custom-engineered amplifier
- Six-microphone array for far-field Siri
- Internal low-frequency calibration microphone for automatic bass correction
- Direct and ambient audio beamforming
- Transparent studio-level dynamic processing
- Stereo pair–capable
- Apple Music1
- iTunes music purchases
- iCloud Music Library with an Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription
- Beats 1 live radio
- Beats 1 live episodes on demand
- Apple Podcasts
- AirPlay other content to HomePod from iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV and Mac
HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Apple Lossless, AIFF, WAV and FLAC2
- Tap or hold + or – for volume up/down
- Touch and hold for Siri
- Tap to play/pause music or for Siri
- Double-tap to skip
- Triple-tap to skip back
Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of HomePod.
- Touch Accommodations
- Home app and HomeKit
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MIMO
- Direct guest access3
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Multiroom speaker support with AirPlay 24
- HomePod with the latest version of software.
- iPhone SE, iPhone 6s or later, or iPod touch (7th generation) with the latest iOS; or iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation or later), iPad Air 2 or later, or iPad mini 4 or later with the latest iPadOS
- 802.11 Wi-Fi internet access
- Apple Music subscription for full music functionality
Electrical and Environmental Requirements
- Built-in power supply
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 0° to 35° C (32° to 95° F)
- Storage temperature: –20° to 45° C (–4° to 113° F)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 90% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: Tested up to 3,000 metres (10,000 feet)
- Maximum storage altitude: 4,500 metres (15,000 feet)
- Maximum shipping altitude: 10,500 metres (35,000 feet)
In the Box
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6 Plus*
- iPhone 6*
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5s*
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro
- 11-inch iPad Pro
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air*
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini 3*
- iPad mini 2*
- iPod touch (7th generation)
- iPod touch (6th generation)*